The American Copy Editors Society is teaming up with the Poynter Institute to offer six new webinars in 2017 through the e-learning platform at News University.
ACES executive committee members will teach the 2017 webinars. The lineup includes:
- Jan. 26: Editing in an online, entertainment world with Laura Browning.
- May 18: Writing and editing for different social media platforms with Alysha Love.
- Sept. 14: Structural editing with Samantha Enslen.
- Oct. 19: How to use editing tools with Merrill Perlman
- Nov. 16: How to edit email newsletters with Sue Burzynski Bullard
- TBA: Narrative Storytelling in a Corporate World with Teresa Schmedding (Editor’s note: This webinar, originally scheduled for Feb. 9, has been postponed, but will be rescheduled for 2017.)
“The Poynter webinars and courses have been extremely popular with our members,” Schmedding, ACES president, said. “The Poynter discounts have been used close to 1,500 times by our members, providing a substantial benefit to joining ACES.”
ACES members will be able to take each webinar at the discounted price of $11.95. Watch the NewsU site for further details on registration as it becomes available for each course.
ACES and Poynter also will offer the In-Depth Editing Online Group Seminar for a second time in January 2017. The four-week course, which starts Friday, Jan. 20, is the centerpiece of the Advanced Editing Certificate, which also requires participants to take a series of webinars called the Accurate, Audience-Focused Editing pack.
Enrollment is still open in the online group seminar, although seat are limited. The course costs $399 for ACES members, a savings of $100. Enrollment in the Advanced Editing Certificate program, which includes both the group seminar and the Accurate, Audience-Focused Editing pack, is $475 for ACES members, a $175 savings.